So you’re a producer. You’ve got hot tracks and you’ve got a lot of them. But there’s no real market for beats in your town or city. The major label placement is coming, it just hasn’t come yet. And in the meantime, your pockets are approaching empty. So you figure, you’ve got the tracks, you might as well get paid for ‘em, and you decide to sell beats online.
5 Ways to Sell Beats Online Without a Website
Do you need your own website to sell beats online? No, although that is one way, there are other ways to sell your beats.
- This is the best way to sell beats online without a website. You simply upload your beats, set your prices and embed the flash player wherever you want. You could put it on your MySpace, your Soundclick, in forums, on your on website, etc.
- If you want to protect your tunes from getting jacked, you can even upload a custom tag that plays over every one of your beats.
- You can customize the look of the player so it’ll fit in anywhere.
- And it easily hooks right up to your Paypal account so buyers can pay you quickly, safely, and easily.
- Start your free trial!
- Unless you’re at the top of the Soundclick charts, you won’t make much money, but those that do stay at the top of the charts do pretty well. Not only do you need good music to achieve Soundclick chart domination, you need to hustle the crap out of it. Soundclick chart positions are determined by number of plays, so those that stay on top utilize Facebook and Twitter to their fullest potential.
- Top earners on this site again earn decent money. However be ready to politic, as your exposure depends largely on the outcomes of your beat battles. Sometimes, the best beat will win a battle, but a lot of times, the producer with the most friends wins, regardless of music. This can be incredibly frustrating but it is unfortunately inescapable for those trying to sell beats online on RocBattle
- Although Myspace is quickly becoming obsolete, there are still quite a few people who use it to find talent. If you have a bunch of friends on Myspace, use it to your advantage and get the word out. Then install the MyFlashStore player described in item number one and you may just have some luck.
- Believe it or not, there are some artists who go to Craigslist looking for production talent. Check the ads every now and then and post your services in the “creative services” section and make sure to include on of the phrases “music producer/hip hop producer/rap producer” and the word “beats” in your post.
So now that you know how, start selling your beats online! Also, be sure to check out MyFlashStore as I can’t say enough about how easy it is to use and how much earning potential exists for its users.